Vector-based Fedora Logo Available?

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 16:37:20 UTC 2003

Matt Jones wrote:

> Yeah. It would be great to have all of the scalable files available. Are
> the xcf-format ones based on paths, or are they all pixel-based? It
> would be great to have a scalable bluecurve theme available (i like
> bigger icons sometimes, but the bluecurve ones don't scale too well).

Making the icons in an SVG format at the current time is a bit
difficult.  It will take a good bit of work to convert them over and
also improve the SVG renderers.  Making the current vector art available
can facilitate this.

I should probably export the icons at a little larger size if I can find
the time.  (:

The icons are all in a vector format, as are the splash screens.  The
XCF art I have is mostly just backgrounds and other misc. stuff which is
probably more or less (depending on what it is) not applicable to the
Fedora project, at least not when you consider icons and splash screens.

Garrett