No acl bestbits patch in the Fedora kernel?

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 12:55:39 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:47:26PM +1100, Tom Pride wrote:
> Why is it that Fedora comes with all the RPMS for acls and extended
> attributes yet the kernel does not come with the bestbits patches to
> enable you to mount a filesystem with acls and or extended attributes?

Same reason as the past few releases: so that people who set up their
system with a kernel with the ACL patches will have a system that
Just Works.

But now there's one thing that's changed; the ACL patches no longer
destabilize the system under load; we finally found and fixed that
bug while working on RHEL3.  For this release, it changed to a pure
matter of resources; if we'd had more time available, we would have
put the ACL patches into FC1, but ACLs will certainly be in FC2.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/