Packages RFC

Michael A. Koziarski michael at koziarski.com
Sun Oct 26 20:20:00 UTC 2003

Jos Vos wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 03:02:58PM -0500, Matt Jarjoura wrote:
>

>>Is there a way to fork QMail and make it a side project of Fedora?
>

> License-wise: no.

The qmail license situation is a bit of a mess.  What would be nice is a
guide to migrating to something that *can* be distributed by modern
distributions.

I currently have several gigabytes of my family's mail in hundreds of
qmail Maildirs.  An MDA that can read those as is, or can provide
conversion scripts, would be greatly appreciated.  Plus it will help
people migrate to a more official fedora-core setup.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Koz