Packages RFC

Matt Jarjoura matt at tasonline.com
Sun Oct 26 20:35:06 UTC 2003

Well there exists that QMail Toaster project which forks Qmail quite a bit
towards a pretty industrious email system.

It's a shame that qmail is in such a mess, the source itself hasn't been
updated in 2 years.  *sigh*

LOL, any influential people on this list who can get that Dan guy to move
over to BSD or GPL license?? :-)

-Matt

> Jos Vos wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 03:02:58PM -0500, Matt Jarjoura wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a way to fork QMail and make it a side project of Fedora?
>>

>> License-wise: no.
>

> The qmail license situation is a bit of a mess.  What would be nice is a
> guide to migrating to something that *can* be distributed by modern
> distributions.
>
> I currently have several gigabytes of my family's mail in hundreds of
> qmail Maildirs.  An MDA that can read those as is, or can provide
> conversion scripts, would be greatly appreciated.  Plus it will help
> people migrate to a more official fedora-core setup.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Koz
>

> --