Fedora on PPC

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Mon Oct 27 20:00:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:47:59PM -0500, James A. Laska wrote:
> FWI see: ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/ppc/Fedora

Cheers I'd already downloaded that (plus noarch rpms from
rawhide/i386/Fedora).

> anaconda-runtime includes mk-images.ppc which will create a bootable
> boot.iso image capable of performing installs.

Yeah, I've seen that kicking about, I was hoping to just build the
images from a tree on my x86 box but packageorder barfed which I think
may have been due to arch scoring - but not 100% sure.

> A Fedora PPC kernel is  obviously missing,

This will be the biggest chunk of work I feel...

> and formatting of hfs and hfs+ is not currently available.

OK, I might look at packaging http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/ as a
fedora.us kernel module, although

> As mentioned, additional packages may need to be included
> into fedora, such as: nvsetenv, pbuttonsd, pmud, pmac-utils

I'll just have to see how things go timewise :)

Paul