gconfd-2 does not exit when a user log out, breaks unmounting home

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 04:09:18 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 22:07, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Couldn't you also connect gconfd2 to the session manager?  That would be
> more portable to systems which don't use X11, no?

Well, basically I don't care about those. ;-) The number of systems
using the X Session Management Protocol but not X11 is pretty limited.
And what we're talking about here is a short-term hack so why
overengineer it.

No need to confuse gnome-session any more than it already is
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-April/msg00090.html)

Havoc