Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 1 13:59:48 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 09:54, Bill Anderson wrote:
> Does this mean we can now stop requiring kerberos in everything that can
> have it required? I submit that the vast majority of Fedora target
> "market"will not ever need krb in Fedora. Can we please make this
> change? In the past the answer has always been "well enterprises and
> medium sized businesses may need it". Well, they can buy RHEL now.
>
> Please let Fedora Core return to the non
> massive-network-might-need-any-and-all-auth-options-so-we-build-them-all-in days.

I'd like to offer that universities, in many cases, will not be able to
afford RHEL and we do use and need kerberos.

Not only that but if the packages from fedora find their way into rhel
then the kerberos stuff will need to be there.

It's shortsighted to not compile in kerberos and ldap support wherever
possible.

-sv