Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Wed Oct 1 20:34:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 08:10, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > Please let Fedora Core return to the non
> > massive-network-might-need-any-and-all-auth-options-so-we-build-them-all-in days.
>
> You can use rpm flags at recompile time to throw many things out:
> - openldap
> - sasl
> - gdbm
> - tcp_wrappers
> - kerberos
> - pam
>
> I don't think it makes sense to pull these things out of Fedora, but
> it is true that from a source code level these things should be modular
> and thus optional.
> Small computers have 1000MHZ x86 CPUs and why not attach a 160GB IDE
> drive to them?

Because that's the minet found in Redmond. Memory is cheap, CPU is
cheap, HD is cheap so to heck with coding decently, or in caring about
how much HD we chew up.

Why the heck would you put a 160GB drive on a firewall? Not every
machine is a desktop. Indeed, in the Linux world, those are likely still
the minority.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773