artwork project

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 16:10:22 UTC 2003

Gavin Henry wrote:

>Are there any guides etc or suggestions on what tools to use for creating and editing artwork for fedora?

There are no guides yet.

I use Illustrator on the Mac and the GIMP on my Linux box, so the
artwork is currently in those formats (depending on what the art is).
There is not really any decent vector editing program for Linux at the
moment, unfortunately.  (Yes, I know about Sketch, Sodipodi, etc.)

There are a lot of things that can be done outside of Illustrator,
however.  Designing desktop backgrounds, making sure the themes work
correctly, coming up with ideas for icons, suggesting requests, keeping
track of wish lists, and... helping out with writing the guides
(*smile*) are all quick examples of areas where participation would be
greatly appreciated.

Garrett