Suggestion for gnome-terminal

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Oct 5 16:08:50 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 06:48, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> After installation of Fedora gnome-terminal does not recognize aliases
> like ll and also does not display the listings in color.
>
> You can get this by going to Edit / Current Profile / Title and Command
> and then selecting "Run command as a login shell"
>
> I think it would be nice for users if this was enabled by default

Your entire X session should be a child of a login shell (that is,
.bash_profile should be run by gdm when you first log in).
It's only one login session for the whole X session, not one per
terminal opened.

If your whole session isn't a login session then there's some other
problem, but not a gnome-terminal problem.

Havoc