[Univ-linux] Future unsupported Red Hat Linux systems

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Mon Oct 6 14:50:39 UTC 2003

On Monday 06 October 2003 07:43, Troy Dawson uttered:
> When I look at the fedora-legacy web pages, that's all I see, FEDORA
> legacy, no redhat legacy.  To me this is saying that they have no
> intentions of allowing the community to put RedHat legacy in there (such as
> RedHat 7.3, or RedHat 9).
> Is this true?

No.  I'm the current community leader of Fedora Legacy (nobody else was doing
anything).  My vision is to include older RH releases, mostly 7.3 and 9 as
part of the Fedora Legacy project.

> If it isn't, (meaning the community can support old redhat releases at the
> fedora-legacy area) it would be nice if we started at least getting the
> framework setup for the older RedHat legacy stuff.  This would allow us to
> start testing mirrors and such.  As well as give people a place to
> communicate in a more central place.

We are.  THere are some issues we have to clear though Red Hat before we start
actually doing anything.  We're in contact with them and should have some
answers soon.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net