Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Oct 7 04:48:00 UTC 2003

> > Is Fedora a business-level distribution or not? If it is, then fine,
> > leave it in. But if it isn't, let us at least be honest about how few
> > people at home and small/medium organizations are using it and
> > reconsider our fascination and dedication to it.
>
> Let's try your thought experiment on something more fundamental to
> Fedora:
>
> "Let's be honest about how few people at home and small/medium
> organizations are using Linux and reconsider our fascination and
> dedication to it."

Take that one step further. Fedora legacy is targeting RH 7.3 and RH 9.
What happens in a year or two or three or four when RH 7.3 and RH9 are
*FINALLY* truly dead. We're going to have to shove a stake in the ground
at a Fedora release and say "This is the new fedora legacy" and flagellate
'er support it for a few years as a production OS. I'd be pretty cranky if
I had to perform micro-surgery on a perfectly good distribution to add a
tool like kerberos (that should have been there in the first place).

/me pours a little gas on the fire...
/me rubs hands together...

-Chuck

-- Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Integration		| http://www.quantumlinux.com
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.