Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Oct 7 12:31:41 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 13:16, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 22:31, Derek P. Moore wrote:
> > > Is Fedora a business-level distribution or not? If
> > it
> > > is, then fine, leave it in. But if it isn't, let us
> > > at least be honest about how few people at home and
> > > small/medium organizations are using it and
> > > reconsider our fascination and dedication to it.
> >
> > Let's try your thought experiment on something more
> > fundamental to Fedora:
> >
> > "Let's be honest about how few people at home and
> > small/medium organizations are using Linux and
> > reconsider our fascination and dedication to it."
> >
> > So, using your own rationale, we should "not make
> > everything depend on Linux" and support for Linux
> > should be removed from Fedora.
> >
> > Just 'cause Bill Anderson has some weird
> > anti-fascination with Kerberos doesn't mean it's not
> > an important or viable technology, or that it should
> > be removed from Fedora.  Kerberos is here to stay,
> > whether you like it or not.  I, for one, /need/
> > Kerberos support in Fedora (no, wait, I need /better/
> > Kerberos support in Fedora).
> >
> > With Microsoft now promoting Kerberos, Kerberos
> > support in Fedora is that much more important.
> >
> > Okay, I'm done now,
>
> Good then quit bogarting the crack pipe.
>
> And actually, it has been more than suggested on this list (or one of
> these fedora lists) that Fedora Core could, and is eventually expected
> to, run on something other than the Linux Kernel, such as BSD. And,
> IIRC, that came from a RH email address. Still ready to stand by that
> analogy. :^D

Then I'll send a message to this list with my Red Hat e-mail address
saying that "eventually, I want Totem with WMA, Sorenson, DVD, and MP3
playback in Fedora", and you're going to believe me :)

Who's on the crackpipe then? ;)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just
before it throws up.