Gentoo Linux faster app-load than (Mandrake|Fedora)

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
Thu Oct 9 09:33:56 UTC 2003

Hi,

I just read http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/performance.xml

I'm clear that this test is not fair as there is no same free RAM
initial condition (and no same apps and components loaded), but still
feeling that we need to make more for usable desktop (ie. loading time
is important here).

What I would like to make sure is that Fedora developers take an eye on
this to not shoot down this new project 1 day after release.

I really dislike this sort of unfair PR that avoid importatnt
objectivity but what we can do more than check our reserves...

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
                        WWW:    http://www.pslib.cz/~kerslage/