bugzilla & triage : Re: up2date failing dependencies window too big!!!

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 9 21:15:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 16:04, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Unfortunately there are too many bugs in bugzilla that never get
> fixed.  Any way to open things a bit more so that we dumb users
> can fix trivial things?  Submitting patches is one step toward
> that.  Maybe bugzilla should send list of inactive open bugs to
> the list every night :D

Well, there is talk of setting up more external CVS repositories so
outside developers can get better access.   But still, "dumb users" who
aren't developers should use Bugzilla to report the problems.  It's the
only way things can be tracked and remembered.

Regarding large numbers of open bugs, I liked Jef Spaleta's proposal of
a triage system.   Unfortunately, no one commented on his message:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-October/msg00180.html

--Jeremy