Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Fri Oct 10 20:30:37 UTC 2003

Dax Kelson wrote:
> "most common use" == "secure replacement" for telnet, r*, and ftp
>
> "secure replacement" == Encryption and Authentication (host and user)

So kerberized rlogin is fully encrypted? What encryption is used?

Not, can k-rlogin be encrypted, but does the fact that k-rlogin uses
kerberos for authentication guaranty that the session is encrypted?

Could I write a version of k-rlogin that does not encrypt the connection?

Will you server, that normaly uses encrypted connections, allow a
non-encrypted connection? Can it be forced to not allow one?

> In other words, a Kerberized environment provides all the commonly used
> functionality of SSH on an intranet plus a whole whole lot more.

Commonly used in youe environment, but not others.
The most common uses I've seen are, secure (fully encrypted) rlogin and
rcp replacements. The next most common is X11 forwarding.

	-Thomas