Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Fri Oct 10 20:38:22 UTC 2003

Bill Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 08:10, Florian La Roche wrote:
>>You can use rpm flags at recompile time to throw many things out:
>>- openldap
>>- sasl
>>- gdbm
>>- tcp_wrappers
>>- kerberos
>>- pam
>>
>>I don't think it makes sense to pull these things out of Fedora, but
>>it is true that from a source code level these things should be modular
>>and thus optional.

I think they should be runtime modular.
So If I have kerberos libs installed, thay can be used. If not, somother
method is used.

I don't believe I need ldap anything to use mozilla. If I have ldap,
mozilla can be told to use it, but it's not required. Same for
encrypting the ldap connection. It could use no authentication, clear
transmission, to strong authentication, encrypted connections, or any
where in between.

Changes should not require the app to be recompiled, just a new library
installed.

	-Thomas