Suggestions for the Installer (regarding network installs)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 16:53:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 10:09, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I should think that one of the chief issues to resolve with network
> installations should be the ability to resume. I've done many net
> installs over my lan, and have even run into this issue there--as with a
> portable going to sleep for some reason. So, if it can crop up in a
> local environment, it should be even more important over the Internet,
> imho.

Resume how exactly?  At this point, we handle every error condition I
know of and give a chance to retry at which point things start returning
to normal.  One of our QA guys even does things like put firewall rules
on servers to stop his install cases from being able to proceed
"normally" :-)

cheers,

Jeremy