Fedora and RedHat's autism toward personal users

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Oct 14 06:11:42 UTC 2003

Derek P. Moore wrote:

> [I definately think Fedora should provide at
> least Sendmail, Postfix, and qmail {hotmail.com wouldn't use qmail if it wasn't
> good for something}]).

Qmail's license precludes its being distributed as part of Fedora.  As
an alternative, I would suggest Courier-MTA:  http://www.courier-mta.org/

Courier is configured very much like qmail (and resembles qmail in a
number of other ways), but is actively maintained and supports all of
the features you'd expect in a modern mailer.  You can't really say that
of qmail.