RPM segfaulting

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Sun Oct 19 19:23:04 UTC 2003

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 11:25:38AM -0400, Gene C. wrote:
> I agree ... but he would likely be interested in the copy BEFORE I ran
> --rebuilddb ... which I do not have.
>
> Since more than one person has had this problem, hopefully the next person to
> get the problem will save a copy before doing --rebuilddb.

I have a few questions for anyone experiencing this:

(a) Are these systems, experiencing this problem, fresh installs of
Fedora Core 0.95 (or upgraded from Fedora Core 0.94) -- or were they
upgraded from Red Hat 9.0.93 or earlier? If the latter, what release was
it upgraded from?

(b) Does the system have an i586 CPU (Pentium, Pentium MMX, AMD K6, and
some others I don't remember right now)?

(c) If the answer to (b) is "no", are you running the kernel shipped
with Fedora Core (or a 2.6 kernel), or are you running something else
(like a Red Hat 9 kernel or a mainline kernel)?

Thanks in advance.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>