Split & move yum headers deeper into the hierachy?

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 23:12:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 12:04:53PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Currently (or last time I checked) yum headers were created for all
> archs in the rawhide toplevel hierarchy.
>
> Would it make sense to create the yum headers per arch and closer to
> the RPMS directory, so that it is mirrored and usable in partial
> mirrors, too?

	I'd prefer this just since it makes like a bit easier
on up2date. the sources config file supports $ARCH that can
figure out the right path.

	It also works better for x86_64/ia64/ppc64 machines
(okay, granted, not that many folks care about that atm...)
Since there is currently no way to tell apart the "x86 packages
blessed for x86_64" and just any old x86 package in the same
pile. So potential conflicts there (though, it's -><- close
to "just working" having up2date on x86_64 pointing at both
a x86_64 and a x86 repo).

Adrian