rawhide report: 20031021 changes

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 14:25:09 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 08:24, Justin Ross wrote:

> > The CCMPL.
> > http://www.redhat.com/licenses/ccmpl.html
> >
> > While interesting, this does not appear to be an OSI Certified open
> > source license (check the list at
> > http://opensource.org/licenses/index.php ).
> > You learn something new every day. ;)
>
> CCMPL is IBMPL with IBM string replaced, and if I'm not mistaken, IBMPL is
> OSI approved, so CCMPL is at least worthy of OSI approval.

IANAL, but it looked that way to me too. I was just a little suprised
that it wasn't OSI approved. IMHO, if Red Hat is going to the trouble of
making a new license, it can at least jump through the one hoop to get
it added to OSI's list.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley