Packages RFC

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Oct 26 21:02:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 23:20, Michael A. Koziarski wrote:
> The qmail license situation is a bit of a mess.  What would be nice is a
> guide to migrating to something that *can* be distributed by modern
> distributions.
>
> I currently have several gigabytes of my family's mail in hundreds of
> qmail Maildirs.  An MDA that can read those as is, or can provide
> conversion scripts, would be greatly appreciated.  Plus it will help
> people migrate to a more official fedora-core setup.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

All of my friends still using qmail absolutely refuse to migrate because
they are using vpopmail.  vpopmail itself is an abomination for
packagers for several reasons, and it requires qmail for some aspect of
its function.  Sure it works with postfix, but it still requires qmail
installed if you insist on using it with postfix.

Warren