Fedora on PPC

Dan Burcaw dburcaw at terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 28 18:30:54 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 10:37, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 October 2003 06:13, Matt Jarjoura wrote:
> > What about Yellow Dog Linux?!  They have been supplying PPC RedHat
> > for years now.  My next impression is that it would be very easy to
> > merge the modifications from YDL to Fedora.
>
> Since YellowDog is a commercial product, and not freely available, I'm
> not so sure how keen they'd be on putting any bits into FC.  Of course,
> I have absolutely no affiliation with the YD folks, and I have no clue
> what their motives are.  I just know that I haven't touched their
> product yet.  Can't justify the $$ (;

It's a good point.  My conclusion is that we'll tend to send things
upstream as much as possible and that Fedora ought to help make our job
easier.  That said, supporting us is really vital to continued, active,
and continuous improvement of the PPC Linux platform.  It is *not* a
lucrative business, so literally every set of CD helps. Even if you want
to run "stock" Fedora on your iBook instead of YDL, sending a few bucks
our way, certainly helps keep things rolling.

Regards,
Dan