OSSNET - Proposal for Swarming Data Propagation

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 08:29:53 UTC 2003

> ===
> 1. This idea sucks, I don't want to upload!
> RTFM! This proposal says that clients have upload DISABLED by default.

Makes it hard to scale well. I was I admit thinking the reverse - if you
don't upload you get very little. Economic motivations and all that.

> Comments? =)

Within a company it could also be very useful as a read only fs, where
each inode is a torrent. Pull files from random clients not always from the
NFS server 8)