Vector-based Fedora Logo Available?

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 19:56:37 UTC 2003

Janina Sajka wrote:

>Garrett LeSage writes:
>

>>From: Garrett LeSage <garrett at redhat.com>

>>>I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere - but I was
>>>wondering if there is a public repository for the artwork in general -
>>>vector/bitmap-originals of the bluecurve graphics, etc.
>>>

>>Not yet.  It is something to definitely consider though... (:
>>

>Well, I will confess that I don't know much about EPS. However, SVG has
>the advantage, from where I sit, of having been designed from the ground
>up to support accessibility.
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/

EPS is "Encapsulated PostScript" and it seems to be rendered much better
with freely available PostScript renderers compared to SVG.  Nearly
every bit of SVG I have tossed at an open source SVG renderer has been
incorrectly drawn on the screen, unfortunately.

PostScript renderers are better than SVG renderers (for the time being)
due to the fact that PostScript has been around for several years longer
than SVG.

Garrett