Distags in rpm sort order (yes, versioning again ;)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 31 11:15:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:53:03PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Certainly many repos will start offering their packages
> > (officially) after FC1 is (officially) released, so there are only
> > a few days left ...
>
> I could be wrong, but it is already too late to rename packages
> contained in FC1.  Just to be 100% clear I am soon posting my
> revised package naming counter-proposal for fedora.redhat.com.

I am not referring to FC1 itself (it is impossible to turn back time
;), but to the repos that want to offer rpms for it (and for "legacy"
RHL distros).

Of course, FC >= 1.95 should also consider the versioning scheme, it
is possible also less relevant for FC, as it will only seldomly have
to issue packages from the same upstream sources (just like RHL's
errata do).
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de