IBM Thinkpad R40e with Severn/RH9/Taroon

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at softier.com
Wed Sep 17 09:25:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have received an IBM Thinkpad R40e (2684 QVG) and I'm trying to install
Linux on it. I have tried the latest Severn, Taroon, and the official Redhat
9 - all gives the same problem - a keyboard lockup...

Here's what I'm doing: I'm putting the CD inside and boot the thinkpad. When
I'm getting the "media check" stage - the keyboard is totally locked, and I
cannot do anything (other then shut the machine down)...

I tried to boot into Linux rescue using the 1st CD - it stuck, again, when I
needed to select language (the first menu)..

I did try to install Mandrake 9.1 - and haven't spotted those problems there
(but I hate mandrake and I want to use redhat)

Any suggestions? tips?

Thanks,
Hetz