dlinfo function on Solaris

Ajay Bansal abansal at netegrity.com
Mon Sep 1 17:55:39 UTC 2003

 Hi All

I have used a function dlinfo on Solaris. But I am not able to find any
cooresponding implemention on Linux AS 2.1. basicall, man page of dlinfo
says following (on solaris)

NAME
     dlinfo - dynamic load information
SYNOPSIS
     cc [ flag ... ] file ... -ldl [ library ... ]
     #include <dlfcn.h>
     #include <link.h>
     #include <limits.h>
     int dlinfo(void *handle, int request, void *p); DESCRIPTION
     The  dlinfo()  function   extracts   information   about   a
dynamically-loaded  object. This function is loosely modeled      after the
ioctl() function. The request argument and a third      argument of varying
type are passed to dlinfo().  The action      taken by dlinfo() depends on
the value of the  request  pro-vided.
     A  handle  argument,  required  for  all   requests   except
RTLD_DI_CONFIGADDR, is either the value returned from a dlo-pen() or
dlmopen() call, or the special handle RTLD_SELF. If handle  is  the  value
returned from a dlopen() or dlmopen() call, the information returned by the
dlinfo() call pertains
 to  the  specified  object.  If handle is the special handle RTLD_SELF, the
information returned  by  the  dlinfo()  call pertains to the caller itself.

We are using dlinfo for fething the file name of the specified llibrary.

can somebody pls tell me, what should I do on Linux for the same?

Regards
Ajay