Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

Scott Becker scottb at bxwa.com
Mon Sep 22 18:42:35 UTC 2003

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>Devrim GUNDUZ (devrim at gunduz.org) said:
>

>>"Downloads" : What does "source and binaries" mean? I hope there will be
>>an installer ;)
>>

>The OS releases will be available via the normal release mechanisms,
>such as ISO images or FTP-able trees.

Still not clear. Will the iso image produce a CD with an installer? I
suppose that if RH does not contribute anaconda then the fedora project
will come up with it's own installer if it is to survive.

I understand RH taking it's name off of RHLP to bolster the usage and
income from RHEL however fedora as a no-name project (at least compared
to RH) may wither and die. RH would not then get the benefit from the
development an testing.