Implicit/minimum buildrequires

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Tue Sep 23 05:04:51 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 18:11, Chris Adams wrote:

> One question: with Fedora, would anyone be interested in the changes
> I've had to make to get packages more portable (and, in my case, working
> on HPAQ Tru64 Unix)?  Most of the changes I made were spec file
> cleanups.

Often I've thought it would be really cool to have an up-to-date set of
OSS packages for AIX and Solaris; these kinds of clean-ups and someone
with the hardware and time to pay attention to them would be really
nice.  Currently many (most?) people install IBM's RPMs on AIX and
Sunfreewareorg's PKGs on Solaris; having a set that was consistent with
Fedora Linux would be a great boon.  OTOH, there are not doubt issues
between installing into /usr and /opt.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Services for Small Businesses  * * * * * *
*       Easy, reliable solutions for small businesses       *
*    Naked Ape Business Server http://nakedape.cc/r/sms     *