Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 23 12:51:22 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, snookertb wrote:

>Sean Estabrooks wrote:
>
>>Nobody forces you to install the next release.   If you want stability pay
>>for a distribution.   I really don't understand your point.
>>
>>Sean.
>>

>I was talking about today's expanding market of RETAIL USERS, you know
>the ones that buy MS Windows at the store. Not having a box on the

Heheh.. I fell for this one back in 1997 or so and used to say a lot
about how we needed more retail presense because there was an expanding
market of retail buyers etc. I helped to find out that yes it is
expanding quite rapidly from 0.0001% -> 1.0-2.0% of the OS market.

The hardest way to watch money go down the drain is see a warehouse of
boxed material that didnt sell because people didn't buy your boxed set.

Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058
Ta-03 SM-261  MailStop P208 DP 17U  Los Alamos, NM 87545