Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Sep 23 17:29:24 UTC 2003

> > So, people will use "Fedora" on desktops and some servers. It'll be
> > available on internet, right?
>
> It's intended for use by developers, linux enthusiasts, etc. It will be
> freely availble without any use restrictions specifically on it.

Let's look at this another way then. I need a production Linux OS. I have
relied on RedHat for a long time. I understand that RHEL is the way to go
for production environments (having used it many times before). However,
only 2 of my clients could afford RHEL. At the risk of diverging from the
topic, and having not been able to find it elsewhere, am I expected to
purchase a copy of RHEL for each client? Or can I purchase one for my
company (Quantum Linux Laboratories) and deploy it as necessary (in the
knowledge that support for deployed customers can only come through QLL
and not RedHat (which is how we'd prefer it anyway)).

-Chuck

-- Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Integration		| http://www.quantumlinux.com
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com