Usercreation-policy

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 06:42:54 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 22:06, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> * within a SELinux context, you can need several helper-daemons
>   (e.g. identd, or a monitoring-daemon) which would run with the
>   same uid like the main-daemon and could access this daemon itself
>   (kill(2), ptrace(2)) or its files.

I don't think you would allow the daemons to ptrace() things, would you?
Having kill() is another thing, but being the naïve person that I am I
suspect that you can restrict kill() to children of the respective
process. Anyway, you need to make daemons SELinux aware to utilize it so
you'd have to allow only e.g. "accepting network connections", "writing
files" or something similar to the processes which needed to do it.

But I'm a complete newbie w.r.t. SELinux so maybe I'm talking nonsense
here -- in that case feel free to be entertained ;-).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com