Developer's Guide

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at sharif.edu
Thu Sep 25 20:13:18 UTC 2003

Attached is a suggested patch for the Developer's Guide document,
against the current version in CVS.

One issue I didn't patch, is that 'epoch' is never explained in the
document, although it's referenced twice. It certainly needs to be
written about, since there are people who don't know what it is (I
didn't).

Changes are:

1. Fixed a typo in the legal notice.
2. Explained that anonymous access, as specified in the CVS guidelines,
is not enough for changing the files on the server.
3. Mentioned that the Guidelines on RPM should be used as a checklist
(almost all of its items were already explained elsewhere).
4. Mentioned that 'all' of the criteria should be met for a Beta
Exception (was I right?)

roozbeh