fedora only for US users ?

Cosmic Flo cosmicflo at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:46:06 UTC 2003

resending too ;)

>From: Nils Philippsen <nphilipp at redhat.com>
>To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: fedora only for US users ?
>Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:25:33 +0200
>
>[ resending without signature due to sutpid mailing list software ]
>
>On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 11:47, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 10:18, Cosmic Flo wrote:
> > > this message is a little hard but :
> >
> > I wouldn't say it's hard, I would say these are bug reports. Consider
> > checking the various Bugzillas for these and submitting reports if
> > they're not in there already.
> >
> > > - at first time wizard, keyboard configuration is US, not the selected
> > > language at install.
> >
> > Bug. --> bugzilla.redhat.com

done

> > > - mozilla is only configured for US (language for web page,
>interface), the
> > > selected language at install have no importance.
> >
> > Upstream bug I guess (is Mozilla multi-language aware? I don't see any
> > message catalogs...). --> bugzilla.mozilla.org

Here the .xpi for Mozilla 1.4 french language, for exemple :
http://frenchmozilla.sourceforge.net/FTP/1.4/mozilla-l10n-fr-FR-1.4-1.xpi

Here the line for "language for web page" in
~/.mozilla/default/s6uggra5.slt/prefs.js :

user_pref("intl.accept_languages", "fr, en-us, en");

Can't prefs.js with the good language value be added in /etc/skel ?

> > > - evolution's meteo is Boston US, I have selected an other city in
>Europe.
> >
> > Upstream bug I guess. Evolution needs to differentiate locales in the
> > GConf schema files for the defaults. --> bugzilla.ximian.com

Working fine in Mdk.

> > > - the fedora.redhat.com web site (presentation, pages, documentation)
>is
> > > only in English language, I have made some propositions to translate
>it but
> > > no translation project have started.

and ? Web site and documentations are very importants !