SystemServices info

Mon Sep 29 16:09:07 UTC 2003

Le lun 29/09/2003 à 17:55, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 08:09, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >
> > I like the general idea but the "shell scripts wrappers are never
> > needed" assumption makes be a bit uncomfortable.
>
> With any new system you'd need a "run legacy init scripts" feature if
> only for LSB compliance, so I think there's an answer here.

Sure. But java is not really legacy and I don't see how we can ever get
rid of the shell system adaptation layer for java apps (gcj may one day
be an answer, but will all bytecode java apps be ever replaced by
natively build ones ?). Even c++ apps like moz often start via a shell
script. I'd felt better about this new system if it catered to the needs
of shell wrappers (other than putting them in a legacy bin).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot