Usability of new graphical boot process...

Jonathan Blandford jrb at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 17:03:27 UTC 2003

"Derek P. Moore" <derek.moore at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> As the progess bar moves from left to right, the name
> of the service that is attempting to start is shown
> for a few seconds then faded away.  This is nice
> eyecandy, but it's really inconvenient if a particular
> service is taking forever or hanging indefinately.

Only 'interesting' services are shown -- the vast majority of them are
not.  The point of the fade is to prevent you thinking that it hung on a
step that it didn't actually hang on.  That being said -- it should only
fade if it has gotten past that stage.  I've been meaning to make that
change to the code for a while.

-Jonathan