[OT] Re: redhat logo on gnome menu / menu bar.

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at sharif.edu
Tue Sep 30 12:00:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 15:19, seth vidal wrote:
> Yah - I noticed that too. But I wasn't familiar with the language to
> know if selecting only part of it changed the letter to be used. For
> example, korean changes the character dependent on what you type.

This was the Persian language, written in the Arabic script. And yes, it
*does* have that "contextual shaping" behavior. But in no language in
the word should selecting (a read-only act) change the appearance
underlying text. But again, since this is a bidirectional script, so
getting things like this right is a little hard.

roozbeh