FC2 and FC1 and common home

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Mon Apr 5 15:31:50 UTC 2004

So, what, exactly, does SELinux do in the absence of file context
information?  It seems to me that the "correct" behavior would be to
ignore missing context information.  Perhaps logging the fact that the
file lacks context, but proceeding as if SELinux weren't installed.
Yes, it's less secure, but it's also "the principle of least surprise."
Watching the mount messages at bootup, it also appears as though for
EA-incapable filesystems SELinux will generate context information
automatically, is it not possible to do this for files without the
context info?

And, more importantly, it lets me share data between my FC1 install and
FC2 install as an ordinary user ;-P
--
Shahms King <shahms at shahms.com>