Strange Kudzu Behavior: Update 2

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Tue Apr 6 23:22:08 UTC 2004

I am on ARCH=ppc, and so am a little hesitant to chime in, but I have the very
same problem. At least it looks like it.

My iBook has ethernet and wireless built in. The ehernet used to be eth0, the
wireless eth1.

Now, no matter what, the wireless card wants to be eth0. I noticed, that my
ethernet has vanished from /etc/sysconfig/hwconf, while the wireless is still
there. Lspci now lists two bogus pci entries. Looks like that is where my eth
and firewire went.

The entries in /proc/bus/pci look correct. Using kudzu from YDL3.0 fixes the
problem with hwconf.

Is it possible, that whatever confuses lspci also affects kudzu?

Cheers,
Remco

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)