Cooperative Bug Isolation Project

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Tue Apr 20 21:18:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 05:06:46PM -0400, Jeremy Hogan wrote:

> > Right now there is NO involvement outside of the level where Red Hat
> > Linux was before.
>
> Agreed.
>

> > If that's how it's going to be fine, but SAY IT.
>
> Agreed again. I know that's not how we want it, but it's how it looks.

I'd like to try and focus on some practical things:

Leadership the draft has been there for months, the only vague timescale I've
heard was from you on the World Tour which is after FC2.  Can we have some
commitment to this on the list, possibly a date.  It's ok if things slip as
long as the community know.

CVS/svn I know these are being worked on, can we have an official status update
of these.  Would it be possible to have a stop gap RO cvs of exploded srpms
from each rawhide push - there are at least two Red Hat produced scripts to do
this that we've seen on list.

Yes fc2 getting out there is a focus, but communication with the community is
too.  We were having the same conversations for fc1 - let's not have them for FC3.

There is still a great deal of frustration on both sides, the process is
painful, but lets try and take small steps.  Even saying no-news or whatever
would be useful, more visible.

Paul