Cooperative Bug Isolation Project

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Wed Apr 21 00:51:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 08:13, Matias Feliciano wrote:
> Le mar 20/04/2004 à 23:38, Chris Adams a écrit :
> > Even something as simple as a fedora-devel-announce (or something like
> > that) list that only the leadership group could post to.
>
> +++++1
>
> These informations could be collected/formated by "Fedora News Updates"
> :
> http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/
>
> This can be a start point for something like "The Wonderful World of
> Fedora Core 2". Something that goes more in depth than a release note.
>
> > Things like "we're turning off SELinux for FC2t3"

Hmm, how about  aggregating this information (Fedora news Updates,
Fedora Developer blogs, fedora lists highlights, Internet news articles
etc into say bi-weekly/monthly newsletter much like Red Hat's "Under The
Brim" newsletter? This would be a great way to communicate latest
developments, happenings, whatever.

Also, I would like to see more communication from the Steering Committee
especially Cristian Gafton. He is the project's leader and so far
there's been only one post (Intruduction from the new cheerleader) in
January on these lists. Sure, he's probably real busy with mamnging the
project et al, but this topic is about more communication and
involvement with the community.. Maybe he could start a Fedora Project
blog summarising the week's development issues.

Just some thoughts that come to mind..

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.