Zope RPMs (was Re: Self-intro)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Apr 28 14:45:23 UTC 2004

Chris McDonough wrote :

> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 05:48, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > fedora.us have some heavier procedures to ensure package quality. Some
> > top packagers including Matthias decided not to bother with them and
> > maintain their own repo (very simplistic summary). You can however take
> > their SPECS, submit them to fedora and go through the QA process for
> > them (and in turn they're welcome to take back the changes QA proposed
> > and get them in their own specs)
>
> Thanks for the explanation!  I understand now.  I will try to run the
> gauntlet with my SRPM then without contacting Matthias.

Yeah, there's no need to :-D
Just FYI, the init script in my Zope package still needs to be improved.
The way Zope's startup and shutdown is done makes it tricky to integrate
cleanly. Other than that, I've been using Plone with those packages on
some servers without any problems.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-2.1.253
Load : 0.08 0.25 0.59