Promise ATA and FC1/2

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Fri Apr 2 21:56:27 UTC 2004

Paul Rigor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone is developing (b/c the manufacturer are
> *useless* about it... you can request for my correspondence w/ them)...
> anyways, i was wondering if anyone was developing a promise s150 ata
> controller driver? if anything, i'd like to be involved; but i've never
> written a driver before.  i'm an okay programmer... could anyone point
> me to the right direction, please?

   There are a number of s150 cards.  The non raid controllers should
just work with 2.6, or a 2.4 kernel with libata patched in.  The S150
tx2 just works for me with a patch 2.4, and with an unpatched 2.6.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/

PS-  If you are compiling your own kernel look under scsi--> scsi
low_level_drivers for the sata drivers.
--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.