CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND: on resume machine reboots at "restarting tasks"

Aleksey Nogin aleksey at nogin.org
Fri Apr 2 22:02:32 UTC 2004

I've been using the Raw Hide kernels recompiled with
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND enabled (and CONFIG_APM disabled) and using ACPI
software suspend. For a while it worked flawlessly, but then it broke -
now at resume time, it starts resuming OK, but shortly after it says
"restarting tasks", machine suddenly reboots.

Worked OK:
2.6.3-1.116 2.6.3-1.118

No longer OK:
2.6.3-2.1.253 2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 2.6.4-1.298

Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks a lot!

P.S. Somewhere around the time it stopped working, I started
experimenting with enabling and using SELinux, so it might be
SELinux-related.

--
Aleksey Nogin

Home Page: http://nogin.org/
E-Mail: nogin at cs.caltech.edu (office), aleksey at nogin.org (personal)
Office: Jorgensen 70, tel: (626) 395-2907