ReiserFS(v3,v4) vs. Ext3

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 01:39:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 17:13 -0700, Paul Rigor wrote:
> Are there plans to include other filesystems during anaconda?  How about
> including reiserfs?  I've had to manually create this filesystem... it's
> plug-and-chug, but tedious.

anaconda actually has most of the code, it's just not on by default
right now.  There are a number of variables that just make it hard to
get it all tested and verify that things don't break to enable it
unconditionally.  Also, most filesystems don't support the needed
security xattrs required for SELinux -- I know that reiserfs does not at
present, for example.

I'd love to enable this, it's just a matter of testing and avoiding
paths that we know are going to cause problems :/

Jeremy