Forward looking to FC2 final and SELinux

Matias Feliciano feliciano.matias at free.fr
Thu Apr 8 19:38:55 UTC 2004

Le jeu 08/04/2004 à 08:46, Alexandre Oliva a écrit :
> On Apr  7, 2004, Matias Feliciano <feliciano.matias at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Le mar 06/04/2004 à 20:59, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> >> [...]
> >> The option for SELinux should continue to be exposed during the install
> >> (and kickstarts), but default to off.
>
> > +1
>
> How would you feel about permissive mode instead of disabled as the
> default?

Seems fine.
First the final release must not be a beta product.
http://fedora.redhat.com/ :
        The goal of The Fedora Project is to work with the Linux
        community to build a complete, *general purpose* operating
        system exclusively from free software.
http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html :
          	The Fedora Project 	Red Hat Enterprise Linux

        Users	Early adopters,		Mainstream production environments
        	enthusiasts,
        	developers

My worry is also about the user community and third party. User
community have an greater inertia than the "Fedora Core team".
There is a great community than support new comers and average users.
This community need time to understand SeLinux.

This is my experience with SeLinux.
Install FC2 test1. Play around. Remove Selinux because currently is too
"annoying" and I don't have enough time to investigate in.

I don't want "try selinux=0 before posting a problem" be the first
answers to user problems because very few people known SeLinux.

When SeLinux will be widely adopted by the user community then they can
provide better answers to users.

PS: I'll try again SeLinux with test3 :-). I need time.

PS2: sorry for my English.