RFC: fedora.us QA approval format

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sat Apr 10 12:04:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

Sorry to write back so late about that.

OK. I've updated http://fedora.us/wiki/QAFormat. How do you like it now ?

> * Regarding the Sources lines: I'd include the full URL for the
> tarball and say it comes from a canonical source rather than simply
> "is valid".
>   * http://www.caliban.org/files/bash/bash-completion-20040331.tar.gz is
>     the canonical Source location

Maybe the full URL is not necessary in the review, we could just add that
canonicalness has been checked.
I'm worried about the fact that bugzilla's mails are reformated to 80 (or
some) characters columns, thus breaking GPG check. I try to avoid long
lines, and an URL will probably be too long.

> For the other source line, I'd want something like this:
>   * Sources: bash-completion.profile appears to be correct and proper
>
> My reasoning is that I don't care so much about whether I can download
> the files off the internet  (More precisely: I only care if I can't.)
> I do want to know what works  been done verifying the sources (which
> canonicalness of source tarballs helps for the first one and looking
> at the file helps for the second.)

Good point. Done.

> Anyhow, this looks like it'll be a tremendously helpful tool when
> it's finished.  Good work!

Thanks :-)

Can you (and any fedora-devel subscriber) give me your comments about the
new page at http://fedora.us/wiki/QAFormat ?

Aurélien
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info
Accroche-toi au prompt, j'enlève le shell.