Prelink hates me

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Sat Apr 10 13:11:10 UTC 2004

Scott Sloan wrote:

> Prelink ran not 5 mins ago and I notice a huge increase in memory usage,
> jumping from 15% to 94%, nothing changing but prelink running. I was
> wondering if anyone else has had a similar occurrence?

I witnessed the same behavior, and it is 100% reproducible. The memory
seems to not be owned by any process (using top and ps). It is really
used because the system starts to swap when I try to start a new
program. And this happens with 768 MB of RAM. Is it normal, or is
prelink to blame?

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org